Alright, it’s been a while since I’ve done a roundup of looks. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a lot of pizzazz in my looks throughout December as I felt like I was eternally rushing around, so this roundup is going to include my actual New Year’s look, some guest posts and a suuuuper old look from June I still hadn’t posted yet. Enjoy!
So here’s what I actually wore on New Year’s Eve. We didn’t have extravagant plans (we ended up going to an arcade), but I wanted to at least have a splash of glitter on! I ended up applying false lashes later on, but didn’t get around to reshooting the pictures, so what you’re looking at is sans falsies. This look does use the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette, but I promise there’s a full Challenge Week coming up focusing on that palette soon!
(Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette)
- Pecan Praline through the crease.
- Cafe Au Lait on the lid.
- Bordeaux on the outer half of the lid.
- Divinity on the brow bone.
I applied Make Up For Ever Glitters in 13 to my lower lash line using some Too Faced Glitter Glue. I created the wing with Kat Von D‘s Tattoo Liner in Trooper and applied Make Up For Ever Smoky Stretch mascara to my lashes.
- Bronzer: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
- Blush: Clinique Cola Pop
- Highlighter: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
- Lips: Sephora lipgloss in Queen Bee
This look was completely focused on featuring Too Faced’s Melted Villain lipstick. Although it’s a dark purple, I have to admit that it mostly comes out looking black on me. that’s okay though! I love the colour and it’s NOT patchy! (And yes, I did wear this exact look to work that day!)
(all Makeup Geek)
- Peach Smoothie through the top of the crease.
- Grandstand on the lid.
- Hipster through my crease.
- Burlesque on the outer half ofthe lid.
- Vanilla Bean on the brow bone.
I applied Make Up For Ever‘s Smoky Stretch mascara to my lashes.
- Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 51 Vanilla
- Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in 2
- Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in 01 Light Matte
- Blush: Hourglass Luminous Flush
- Highlighter: MAC Soft & Gentle
- Lips: Too Faced Melted Villain
I looooved this look! I did this as a guest post for Up The Rollercoaster last month and just adored how the shots came out. I wasn’t sure how the cranberry tones in the shadows would work with a red lip and if I’m honest, I think it’s a LITTLE bit off, but the overall effect is WA-BAM!
^^ That right there’s a money shot. I’m so pleased with it! 😀
- Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie through the top of the crease.
- Makeup Geek Glamorous all over the lid.
- Makeup Geek Bitten on the outer half of the lid and through the crease. I also used Bitten to liner my lower lash line.
- Makeup Geek Corrupt to deepen up the outer corner.
- Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean to highlight the brow bone.
- I used some old MAC gold glitter flecks to add some sparkle to the inner corner. Any gold glitter will do!
I created the wing with Kat Von D‘s Tattoo Liner in Trooper and tightlined my upper water line with Marc Jacobs‘ Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer. I coated my lashes with essence‘s get BIG! lashes volume boost waterproof mascara and applied a pair of Noir Fairy false lashes by House of Lashes. My brows are filled in with Anastasia’s Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde.
- Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51 Light Vanilla
- Bronzer: Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion in 30M
- Blush: Clinique Cola Pop
- Highlighter: Becca Champagne Pop
- Lips: MAC Russian Red with Brick lipliner to even out the lip lines
Another guest post! (This time for Writing Whimsy.) I really love doing guest posts because it gives me an opportunity to be totally creative. Usually I’ll take a Saturday afternoon and spend a couple hours working on one. This is very different from my usual makeup roundups which are done almost exclusively as my daily work makeup (which doesn’t always afford me the luxury of playing around with glitter since I’m usually in a rush!).
After priming my eyelids, I applied NYX‘s Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Black Bean all over the lid and blended out the edges. Then:
- I deepened my almost non-existent crease (thanks hooded lids) with MAC‘s Cork.
- I covered the entire lid with Urban Decay‘s Blackout, making sure to blend it into Cork.
- I then patted on Lit Cosmetics’ glitter in Disco Diva using their glitter adhesive.
- MAC‘s Blanc Type is on the brow bone to even everything out.
- On the inner corner, I blended together Naked Cosmetics IV-05 and IV-03 and patted it on.
I created the inner corner point with Kat Von D‘s Tattoo Liner in Trooper, thinly lining my upper lash line with it as well. I tightlined my water lines with Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer and applied essence get big! lashes waterproof mascara to my lashes. I lined my lower lash line Lit Cosmetics Peacock glitter.
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay in 200 Nude
- Bronzer: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil
- Blush: Hourglass Diffused Heat
- Highlighter: Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo #1 (highlighting shade)
- Lips: Sephora Good Fairy lipgloss
Alright this one’s just super old. I had toyed with doing a Challenge Week for Laura Mercier‘s Artist palette, but I never got around to finishing it (likely something new and exciting caught my eye!). I did this look sometime in June of 2015.
(all Laura Mercier Artist palette)
- Plum Smoke through the crease.
- Guava on the lid.
- Kir Royale on the outer half of the lid.
- Sparkling Dew on the brow bone.
I coated my lashes with essence‘s Lash Princess mascara.
- Foundation: Boots No7 Instant Radiance in Cool Vanilla
- Bronzer: NYC Fire Island Tan
- Blush: MAC Sea Me, Hear Me
- Highlighter: Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo #1 – Highlighter
- Lips: MAC Mystical