- This giveaway is open to Canadians only!
- This giveaway starts on March 7, 2017 and runs for one week.
- Please be aware that all entries will be double checked to ensure fairness.
- One winner will win a $100 off code to shop on Inglot Canada‘s web site.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my e-mail. If they fail to respond within that time frame, I will pick another prize winner. (And so on.)
Monthly haul time! Enjoy. 🙂
Let’s start off with the only item I actually BOUGHT this month! Inglot‘s Duraline was a must have for me since my Inglot red gel liner turned gloppy on me. Duraline will soften up gel liners that have gone a little bit stale (or any other cream product). I’ve put off buying it for a while now, but when my red gel liner died, I knew it was time to invest. 🙂
So, that may have been the only item I bought this month, but I am very, very lucky to have a ton of beauty blogging friend in Toronto and we do swaps every few months. It gives me a chance to get rid of product that don’t work for me, and pick up ones that could potentially be love at first sight. So here’s the goodies I got from a swap:
I realize these are empty Inglot palettes, but I am SO excited for that! I love Inglot‘s system of palettes, and I think the packaging is beautiful, but it annoys me to buy packaging every time I go to buy shadows. Now I’ve got three empty palettes I can fill with beautiful colours!
I do not need shower gel. At all. And yet, I always grab for it when I see it at a swap. Why? Maybe because I always considered shower gel as so unnecessarily expensive in stores that I really don’t want to pay for it again any time soon. I love shower gel, and this smells wonderful, but it’s gone to the back of my “to use” pile of shower gels. I’m sure I’ll get to it… at some point. lol
One of my favourite YouTubers (StrwberrySweet – mostly does Project Pans) panned one of these Josie Maran Argan Infinity Creamy Lip & Cheek Oil relatively recently, and I wanted to see what they were all about. My initial reaction is that I’m not super keen on the scent of them, but that it wore well and looked good!
This Boscia Intensifying Moisture Pack + is sitting in my medicine cabinet and while I’m writing this up I realize I haven’t even got a clue as to whether this is a facial cleanser or a moisturizer. Heh.
I’ve harped on about my problems with eyeshadow primers before so I won’t bore you with the details other than to say I love trying new ones. Benefit‘s Air Patrol is adorable looking and I’m excited to see how this one holds up!
I love Aveeno‘s skincare products and I’ve been using them for the last… 14 years. Eek. Anyway, I haven’t tried out their Fresh Essentials range so I’m looking forward to using this one.
More shower gel! I got sucked in by the scent of Vitabath‘s Sweet Pink Peppermint – it’s more of a Christmasy scent, so I’ll probably bust it out in November.
MWAHAHAHAH!!!!! The Body Shop‘s Satsuma scent has been one of my favourite scents throughout my entire life and yet… my husband doesn’t like the scent of it. I haven’t repurchased it since I used my last big tub up of the body butter… but now I have another one. 😀
NYC‘s Liquid Liner has been touted as one of the best matte black liquid liners at the drugstore and I hadn’t gotten around to picking it up! Initial reaction: DEFINITELY matte, DEFINITELY black… but I’m not in love with the way the tip of the brush is cut. Hmmm… maybe I’ll just cut it myself.
No one wanted this Misslyn nail polish in 756… which was great for me since I wear this kind of silver disco polish on my toenails 24/7 so picked this one up since I’ve never tried a Misslyn polish before.
I know NOTHING about this B Kamins brand… but the body lotion says “Maple” on it. It, however, smells nothing like maple, so I was totally duped. 😐
I couldn’t believe someone brought this to the swap. I had lusted over this Galaxy Chic palette years ago when BH Cosmetics released it, but never bought it because like everything else in the makeup world… you become so inundated with products you end up buying some, and not others. The colours, the marbling, the names of the colours… everything about this palette makes me so, SO happy. I’ve used it twice now and love the shadows. Not a matte in sight though, so it’s not a standalone palette.
A new mascara for me to try out: The Maybelline Lash Sensational. I’ve still got a lot of mascara left in my currently opened tubes, so it’ll be a while before I bust into this one.
I’m not too familiar with Etude House‘s makeup, so I was excited to see a few items by them. This is essentially one of those matte lipstick crayons. I like it, but I don’t love it.
Not tried this one yet… this is by Etude House as well and I think it’s just for lips.. but may be for cheeks as well. It’s still sitting in my “To Use” pile!
Oh wow. Okay… I had heard about Coloured Rained via NikkieTutorials on YouTube, but never bought any. BUT THIS IS AMAZING! IT’s nowhere near as drying as the Colour Pop liquid lipsticks – instead this one is so much more comfortable on me lips. I may need more…
Unfortunately, Clio‘s Lipnicure was a straight “into the garbage” item. It applied patchily and then just really poorly. To the point where I removed it mid-day at work and it was a disaster to remove. I threw it straight into the trash. 🙁
This one astonished me. Too Faced‘s Loganberry La Creme lipstick was discontinued about a year ago and I was never able to get my hands on it. Imagine my surprise that someone would want to get rid of it! YESSSS!
A face mask via THEFACESHOP. This’ll be my first time using anything by THEFACESHOP.
A brow kit from Annabelle that has turned out to be wayyy too dark for me, but it has worked when I need to darken up my eyebrows to look more like someone else (see my The 100 Wanheda/Clarke tutorial).
Another Annabelle brow product! Brow Show is light enough for me so this has actually been working out and it’s really easy to use. Not enjoying the huge size of the pencil, but the product is nice!
And we’re done! I’m doing pretty well conserving my money for IMATS New York, and these swaps are definitely helping me to keep products rotating in and out of my collection1
This was the first Inglot and palette and the shadows have remained some of my favourites! I got this palette in Dublin while on vacation in Ireland several years back (before Inglot was in Toronto) and I was soooo excited to finally get my hands on these raved about shadows. They do “normal” shades too, but I can’t speak highly enough about their colours. They’re pigmented, easy to work with and they’re the shadows I always go back to when I need colour that just WORKS. AMC Shine 15 and Matte 382 are my absolute favourite colours of eyeshadow – EVER. You can see my other Inglot mattes-only palette here.
With Halloween over, I can finally catch up on my backlog of posts to get through. I had hoped to have my Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Challenge Week up this week, but it seems that isn’t happening, so that’ll be up next week! Till then, here’s a collection of looks that I wore at some point throughout October with a couple guest posts chucked in for good measure. Enjoy!
I wore this to a preview of the H&M Beauty Department and got a lot of compliments on it. It’s one of my favourite colour combos so I was really happy that others seemed to like it as well!
- MAC Illusionary Burning Ambition Duo – used the white gold shade all over the lid.
- Inglot Matte 317 and Matte 338 mixed together on the outer half of the lid with a little bit of Urban Decay Blackout in the very outer corner.
- Wet n Wild Brule on the brow bone.
I created the winged liner with MAC‘s Blacktrack fludline and applied Urban Decay‘s Perversion mascara to my lashes.
- Bronzer: Hard Candy Hula Hula
- Blush: essence pinky flow
- Highlighter: Becca Champagne Pop
- Lips: Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Maple
The Soul Sister glitter I picked up from Lit Cosmetics at IMATS is quite possibly the most beautiful glitter I’ve ever encountered. My shots don’t do it justice, but it’s primarily green with gold and copper flecks. It’s absolutely incredible.
- MAC Club all over the lid.
- Inglot Pearl 418 on the outer half of the lid.
- Lit Cosmetics Soul Sister glitter applied on top of Club.
- Wet n Wild Brulee on the brow bone.
Urban Decay Perversion mascara is on my lashes.
- Bronzer: SST Cosmetics Radiant Finish Bronzer
- Blush: Hourglass Incandescent Electra
- Highlighter: MAC Whisper of Gilt
- Lips: NYX Spongecake gloss
I was headed out to Halloween Haunt at Canada’s Wonderland and had to wear something festive. Because even though it may not be seen by anyone due to how dark it was, *I* still knew I was wearing something fun! And by the way? Canada’s Wonderland Halloween Haunt? TOTALLY worth it. I had so much fun!
- Too Faced Millenial at the top of the crease.
- Viseart matte orange from the Editorial Brights palette.
- Too Faced Girl’s Night on the outer half of the lid.
- Too Faced Chandelier on the brow bone.
- Lit Cosmetics California Soul all over the lid on top of the orange.
I created the wing with Kat Von D‘s Tattoo Liner in Trooper and applied Urban Decay Perversion mascara to my lashes.
- Blush: MAC Gingerly
- Lips: Revlon Papaya
I did this look for a guest post over on JustJ last month while she was away getting married!
- Makeup Geek Frappe through the top of the crease.
- Makeup Geek Burlesque through the crease.
- Makeup Geek Bitten on the outer half of the lid and a bit through the crease. I also used this shade to line the lower lash line.
- Makeup Geek Corrupt in the outer corner to deepen up the look.
- Makeup Geek pigment in Utopia all over the lid. I used Too Faced’s Glitter Glue to make sure it stayed on my lid!
- Makeup Geek Bleached Blonde on the inner tearduct.
- Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean on the brow bone.
- Foundation: IT cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ in Fair and Light mixed together
- Bronzer: Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion in 30M
- Blush: Clinique Cheek Pop in Cola Pop
- Highlighter: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle
- Lips: Too Faced Melted Berry
And another guest post, this time for Zoe! I was going for unicorn inspired and this is what I came up with!
- Inglot Matte 334 through the top of the crease.
- Naked Cosmetics Ivory stack (white shade) on the inner tearduct.
- MAC Crystal Avalanche on the lid.
- Inglot Matte 325 on the outer half of the lid.
- Urban Decay Blackout on the very outer corner to deepen it up.
- Wet n Wild Brulee to highlight the brow.
- Inglot Matte 317 on the outer edge of the lower lash line.
- Inglot Matte 343 right beside it to the halfway line of the lower lash line.
- Inglot Matte 370 beside it as well.
- Inglot Matte 383 as the very last colour on the lower lash line.
I used the Kat Von D Ink Liner in Neruda to create the wing and applied Urban Decay’s Perversion mascara to my lashes. I filled in my brows with NYX’s MicroBrow in Taupe.
Rest of the Face
- Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 220 Natural Beige
- Bronzer: Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion in 30M
- Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat
- Highlighter: MAC Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk
- Lips: Inglot AMC Lipgloss in 544